El Dorado Hills APAC Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan Subcommittee Report
El Dorado Hills APAC formed a Subcommittee to review and provide findings for the Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan project. The Subcommittee Report is displayed below, along with attached exhibits. El Dorado Hills APAC will be reviewing the findings at the January 8, 2020 EDH APAC meeting, and voting on the Subcommittee recommendations.
4Exhibit_19-1670 – Public Comment Rcvd 12-11-19 PC 12-12-19
Additional Planning Commission Hearings Scheduled
From the County of El Dorado Planning Department:
During today’s agenda review meeting with Planning Commission Chair Gary Miller, Dave Livingston, and Tiffany Schmid, the following Planning Commission hearing schedule was determined for the Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan project. This will allow several opportunities for public testimony and also comply with the Board’s direction on November 5th to hold a Special Meeting in January 2020 in El Dorado Hills during the evening.
**Public Testimony will be taken at the November, December and January (Special Meeting) hearings and then closed for Planning Commission deliberation and action at the final hearing in January/February 2020.
Hearing #1 – November 14, 2019 Regular Planning Commission Meeting (Building C Hearing Room)(meeting to be continued to December 12, 2019)
Hearing #2 – December 12, 2019 Regular Planning Commission Meeting (Building C Hearing Room) (meeting to be continued to Special Meeting in January 2020 in El Dorado Hills-evening)
Hearing #3 – January, 13 2020 Special Planning Commission Evening Meeting – El Dorado Hills
District Church – 7000 Rossmore Ln, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762 6PM – 10PM
(meeting to be continued to Regular Meeting in January/February 2020)
Hearing #4 – January/February 2020 Regular Planning Commission Meeting (Building C Hearing Room)
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
November 14, 2019 El Dorado County Planning Commission
File Size too large for online viewer – 76 MB
Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan – Legistar Attachment B
File Size too large for online viewer – 38 MB
Draft Environmental Impact Report – Legistar Attachment F
File Size too large for online viewer – 74 MB
Recirculated Draft Environmental Impact Report – Legistar Attachment H
File Size too large for online viewer – 53 MB
Planning Commission Hearing November 14, 2019
Hearing to consider the Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan project to request a General Plan Amendment (A14-0003) to amend the County General Plan Land Use Map designations; Specific Plan Amendments (SP12-0002 and SP86-0002-R) to amend the El Dorado Hills Specific Plan and adopt the Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan; a Rezone (Z14-0005) of existing zone districts to Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan zone districts; a Planned Development (PD14-0004) to establish a Development Plan for the proposed development; a Tentative Subdivision Map (TM14-1516) to create six large lots for the purpose of sale, lease, or financing of the development; and a Development Agreement (DA14-0003) between the County of El Dorado and Serrano Associates, LLC for the proposed project on property identified by Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 121-160-005, 121-040-020, 121-040-029, 121-040-031, 120-050-001, 120-050-005, 121-120-024(portion), consisting of 336 acres, in the El Dorado Hills Community Region, submitted by Serrano Associates, LLC; and staff recommending the Planning Commission review the Staff Report, receive public comment, recommend certification of the Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan Final Environmental Impact Report, and direct staff on recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding the Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan project.
(Supervisorial District 1)
DISCUSSION / BACKGROUND
Request to consider General Plan Amendment A14-0003/Specific Plan Amendment SP12-0002/Rezone Z14-0005/Specific Plan Amendment SP86-0002-R/Planned Development PD14-0004/Tentative Subdivision Map TM14-1516/Development Agreement DA14-0003/Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan submitted by Serrano Associates, LLC for the proposed Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan (CEDHSP) consisting of the development of Serrano Westside planning (234 acres) and Pedregal planning areas (102 acres). The project is based on the following entitlement requests:
(A) General Plan Amendments:
(1) An amendment to the County General Plan Land Use Map designation of subject lands in the CEDHSP from High Density Residential, Multifamily Residential, Commercial, Open Space, and Adopted Plan-El Dorado Hills Specific Plan (AP-EDHSP) to Adopted Plan-Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan (AP-CEDHSP) and CEDHSP land use designations Village Residential-Low, Village Residential-High, Village Residential Medium-High, Village Residential Medium-Low, Civic-Limited Commercial, Open Space, and Community Park; and
(2) An amendment to the County General Plan Land Use Map designation of transferred lands approximately 136 acres in AP-EDHSP as Open Space in CEDHSP;
(B) El Dorado Hills Specific Plan (EDHSP) Amendments:
(1) An amendment to the EDHSP to transfer approximately 142 approximately acres (currently within Serrano Village D-1, Lots C and D and a portion of open space by Village D2) affecting portions of Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 121-040-20, 121-040-29, 121-040-31, and 121-120-24 from the EDHSP area to the CEDHSP area; and
(2) An amendment to the EDHSP to transfer a total of approximately 0.50 acre affecting a portion of Assessor’s Parcel Number 121-160-05 from the former Executive Golf Course area to the EDHSP area;
(C) Specific Plan Adoption:
Adoption and implementation of a comprehensive plan (CDEHSP) regulating the development and management of up to 1,000 dwelling units, 11 acres of civic-limited commercial use, approximately 15 acres of public community park, one acre of neighborhood park, and approximately 174 acres of natural open space. The CDEHSP adoption includes adoption of its Public Facilities Financing Plan;
(1) Rezone existing zoning districts from Single Unit Residential, Single Unit Residential-Planned Development, Multi Residential, Recreational Facility, High Intensity, and Open Space to CEDHSP zone districts Multi-family Residential-Planned Development Medium Density and High Density, Single-Family Residential-Planned Development, Civic-Limited Commercial-Planned Development, Community Park, and Open Space-Planned Development; and
(2) Rezone existing zoning district of transferred lands in AP-EDHSP as Open Space-Planned Development;
(E) Large Lot Tentative Subdivision Map:
Division of the CEDHSP plan area into six large lots for purposes of sale, lease, or financing of the development within the specific plan area;
(F) Planned Development Permit: Establishment of a Development Plan for the proposed CEDHSP development that includes construction of up to 1,000 dwelling units if age-restricted housing is provided, up to 50,000 square foot of limited commercial or civic uses, and establishment of approximately 51 percent of the site for open space area and park uses; and
(G) Development Agreement: Enter and execute a Development Agreement between the County of El Dorado and Serrano Associates, LLC for the CEDHSP.
The property, identified by Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 121-160-005, 121-040-020, 121-040-029, 121-040-031, 120-050-001, 120-050-005, 121-120-024(portion), consisting of 336 acres, is located in the El Dorado Hills Community Region and is adjacent to El Dorado Hills Boulevard north of US 50. The proposed Serrano Westside planning area is east of the El Dorado Hills Boulevard and Serrano Parkway intersection. The proposed Pedregal planning area is west of El Dorado Hills Boulevard between Wilson Boulevard and Olson Lane, adjacent to the Ridgeview subdivision, Supervisorial District 1. (County Planner: Mel Pabalinas) (Environmental Impact Report prepared; State Clearinghouse No. 2013022044)
Planning and Building Department
SP 12 0002 – CENTRAL EL DORADO HILLS SP
Number of Lots: 1028
PROPOSED CENTRAL EL DORADO HILLS SPECIFIC PLAN CONSISTING OF APPROXIMATELY 1,028 RESIDENTIAL UNITS, 50,000 SQUARE FOOT OF COMMERCIAL, 84.9 ACRES OFOF OPEN SPACE, AND 15.3 ACRES OF RECREATIONAL PARKWITHIN 250-ACRE PROJECT SITE. THE REQUEST INCLUDESAN AMENDMENT TO THE EXISTING EL DORADO HILLS SPECIFIC PLAN.
On April 22, 2016, the County released a Notice of Availability (NOA) of a Partial Recirculated Draft Environmental Impact Report (RDEIR) for the proposed Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan (CEDHSP). The RDEIR includes revisions to Section 3.6 (Greenhouse Gas Emissions), Chapter 4 (Alternatives Analysis), and Chapter 5 (Other CEQA Considerations), which included information pertaining to GHGs. The remainder of the previously released Draft EIR is not part of this recirculation. The RDEIR is available for public and agency review for a 45-day review period. Comments are due by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 6, 2016.
From the CEDHSP Project Fact Sheet
The Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan is a development project proposed by Serrano Associates, LLC. The proposed project would provide for development of up to 1,000 dwelling units, 11 acres of civic limited commercial use (50,000 square feet of commercial use), 15 acres of public village park, 1- acre neighborhood park and 168 acres of natural open space. The proposed project site covers 341 acres in the vicinity of El Dorado Hills Boulevard between Olson Lane and U.S. Hwy 50. The proposed project consists of two planning areas: Serrano Westside and Pedregal. For a more detailed project description, please see the Draft EIR on the project website
Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan Draft Environmental Impact Report
On November 20, 2015, the County released a Notice of Availability (NOA) of a draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) which will analyze the potential environmental effects of the proposed Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan (CEDHSP). The Draft EIR was available for a 90-day public review and comment period which closed at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 19, 2016. An Open House about the Project and the Draft EIR was held on Wednesday, December 2, 2015 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Oak Meadow Elementary School, 7701 Silva Valley Parkway, El Dorado Hills.
Located in El Dorado Hills, the CEDHSP is a proposed mixed-used development of 341 acres of land consisting of approximately 1,000 dwelling units and 50,000 square feet of commercial along with 169 acres of Open Space (50% of the project area) and 15 acres parkland. The CEDHSP includes a draft Public Facilities Financing Plan (PFFP) analyzing the anticipated improvements necessary to implement the development.
(The documents below are in PDF format and should be viewed with Adobe Reader.)
- Notice of Availability Draft EIR Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan – November 20, 2015 Posted 11-20-2015
- Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan Draft EIR Chapters 1 through 7 (661 pages, 62,276 KB) Posted 11-20-2015
- Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan Draft EIR Appendices (638 pages, 73,810 KB) Posted 11-20-2015
- Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan Public Review Draft, August 2015 Posted 11-20-2015
- Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan Public Facilities Financing Plan Executive Summary, October 2015 Posted 11-20-2015
- Central El Dorado Hills Specific Plan Public Facilities Financing Plan, October 23, 2015 Posted 11-20-2015