The El Dorado County Board of Supervisors September 12 2017 meeting minutes are now available online.
In Video Recording format HERE – PDF format (not available for download) is included on the same page.
The downloadable PDF version is available HERE.
Of note to El Dorado Hills residents
Agenda Item no. 27 File no. 12-1203
Community Development Services, Planning and Building Department, recommending the Board consider the General Plan Biological Resources Policy Update, Oak Resources Management Plan, and Oak Resources Conservation Ordinance, consisting of specific revisions to biological resources objectives, policies, and implementation measures included in the Conservation and Open Space Element of the County’s General Plan, adoption of the Oak Resources Management Plan, adoption of an Oak Resources Conservation Ordinance, and adoption of an in-lieu fee
(collectively the Project), and further recommends that the Board take the following final actions, pursuant to Board direction on July 18, 2017:
1) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Resolution 127-2017 Certifying the Final Environmental Impact Report for the General Plan Biological Resources Policy Update, Oak Resources Management Plan, Oak Resources Conservation Ordinance and In-Lieu Fee; Making Environmental Findings of Fact (Exhibit A); Adopting a Statement of Overriding Considerations (Exhibit B); and Approving the Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (Exhibit C); (see Attachment 25B for Resolution and 22N for a link to the Final Environmental Impact Report);
2) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Resolution 128-2017 Adopting a General Plan Amendment to the Biological Resources Policies, Objectives, and Implementation Measures in the El Dorado County General Plan (Attachment 25C);
3) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Resolution 129-2017 Adopting an Oak Resources Management Plan (Attachment 25D);
4) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Resolution 130-2017 Establishing an In-Lieu Fee to Mitigate Impacts to Oak Woodland Areas and Individual Oak trees (Attachment 25E);
5) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Ordinance 5061, for Oak Resources Conservation (Attachment 25F); and
6) Direct staff to return to the Planning Commission and Board within 12-18 months after adoption or earlier, if necessary, to review implementation of the Project.
The Board held a public hearing on this matter on July 18, 2017. The public hearing was closed and the matter was continued to September 12, 2017.
Planning and Building Department staff is recommending that the Board redirect staff to remove two Board initiated proposed changes (exclusion of Live Oaks from the definition of Heritage
Trees and modification of the personal use exemption) from the Project and to Continue this matter to October 10, 2017.