This event has ended
April 18, 2019
330 Fair Lane
Placerville, CA 95667
Of note to El Dorado Hills residents:
|19-0522||4.||Agenda Item||Department of Transportation recommending the Board authorize changes outlined in Items 1 through 7 listed below to the proposed 2019 Capital Improvement Program (CIP), with return to the Board in September 2019 for adoption of the 2019 CIP; and further, recommending the Board add six new and two potential West Slope projects and one Tahoe project to the 2018 CIP, and one Airport project to the 2019 CIP, as explained in below.|
West Slope Road and Bridge Program:
1) Approve additions and changes to West Slope Road/Bridge CIP projects for inclusion in the 2019 CIP, as described in Attachments A and B.
Tahoe Environmental Improvement Program (EIP):
2) Approve additions and changes to the Five-Year Tahoe EIP as described in Attachments A and B.
Transportation Facility Improvement Program:
3) Include Headington Wash Rack Facility Project in the 2019 CIP, as described in attachments A and B.
4) Continue to fund Fiscal Year 2019/20 Airport CIP projects with Federal Aviation Administration grants and local matching funds, as shown in Attachments A and B.
Capital Overlay and Rehabilitation Program:
5) Approve additions and changes to the Capital Overlay and Rehabilitation Program as described in Attachments A and B. Continue to use external funds as they become available for Capital Overlay and Rehabilitation Program projects listed in Attachment C.
Projects for Addition to 2018 CIP:
6) Authorize seven new projects and two potential projects for addition to the 2018 CIP, as described in Attachments A and B.
Project for Addition to 2019 CIP:
7) Authorize one project for addition to the 2019 CIP, as described in Attachments A and B. (Est. Time: 45 Min.)
FUNDING: Funding for projects in the 2019 CIP comes from various Federal, State, Local and Accumulative Capital Outlay funding sources and will be included in the proposed Fiscal Year 2019/20 Budget.
The CIP is the long-range plan for all individual capital improvement projects, including cost estimates, schedules and funding sources. It provides strategic direction for capital projects over a current year, 5-, 10- and 20-Year horizon. The CIP is used as a planning tool, and is updated annually as new information becomes available regarding Board priorities, funding sources, project cost estimates and timing.
In order to ensure that growth consistent with the General Plan does not exceed available roadway capacity, the County is required to implement General Plan Policy TC-Xb and Implementation Measure TC-A. General Plan Policy TC-Xb and Implementation Measure TC-A require the County to prepare and adopt an annual CIP for the West Slope Road/Bridge Program specifying expenditures for roadway improvements within the next 10 years.
General Plan Policy TC-Xb and Implementation Measure TC-A also require a Major CIP and Traffic Impact Mitigation (TIM) Fee Program update every five years, in line with the major review of the General Plan, specifying expenditures for roadway improvements within the next 20 years. The Major Update to the CIP and TIM Fee Program was completed in December, 2016. An Annual Update to the TIM Fee Program is planned for May, 2019.
The proposed 2019 CIP Book includes the following five programs:
• West Slope Road/Bridge CIP
• Tahoe Environmental Improvement Program
• Airport Capital Improvement Program
• Transportation Facilities Improvement Program
• Capital Overlay and Rehabilitation Program
Taking into consideration all five programs, the goals for the 2019 CIP Book are to:
1) Include new projects, or changes to existing projects, as directed by the Board.
2) Make any other necessary revisions per Board direction.
Each program proposed for inclusion in the 2019 CIP Book is described in Attachment A. Attachment A also provides a description of each of the new projects proposed for the 2019 CIP Book.
Projects listed in Attachment B have had changes in construction start date, or cost changes of over $100,000 since the 2018 CIP was adopted in June, 2018. Cost or schedule modifications have been made as a result of refinements made during the FY 2019-20 budget process. Attachment B also includes new projects proposed for the 2018 and 2019 CIP. Staff recommends the Board direct staff to include the changes specified in Attachment B in the 2019 CIP Book.
Staff will return to the Board for adoption of the 2019 CIP book in Septemter 2019.
The Board could choose to prioritize projects that differ from staff’s recommendation.
PRIOR BOARD ACTION
The Board adopted the 2018 CIP on June 26, 2018, Legistar Item No.18-0616.
OTHER DEPARTMENT/AGENCY INVOLVEMENT
It is recommended that the Board approve this item.
Funding for projects in the 2019 CIP comes from various Federal, State, Local and Accumulative Capital Outlay funding sources and will be included in the FY 2019/20 Proposed Budget.
STRATEGIC PLAN COMPONENT
The CIP is a vital part of the Infrastructure component of the County Strategic Plan. Adequate infrastructure is necessary for the Economic Development component and a requirement of the County General Plan, and safe roads are a crucial factor in the Public Safety component of the County Strategic Plan.
|19-0579||5.||Agenda Item||Department of Transportation recommending the Board receive and file a presentation on the Traffic Impact Mitigation (TIM) Fee Program. (Est. Time 1 Hour)|
AGENDA Item 4: CIP Documents
AGENDA Item 5: TIM Fee Program Documents